• ScketreWhisp
  • ScketreWhisp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
1 year 9 months ago #469 by ScketreWhisp
Tickets to your own game.... was created by ScketreWhisp
I almost like the new registration site, but there are things the site admin will not do for our Con since he thinks we are the only Con asking for these things...

So I am having to work around these limitations...

Thus, once a game is approved, there are 3 things that will happen.

1st) your name will be removed as the Host... reason, I don't want games to be edited or deleted after being approved an posted... and especially after tickets to the game have been sold.... at the moment, the host can not only change things, they can DELETE a game where tickets have been sold.... in my opinion, this is a bad thing since it changes the schedule and attendees should NOT be able to change the approved schedule...

2nd) a additional seat will be added to your game so YOU can be in your own game.... reason, I need to be sure you don't accidentally purchase tickets to a conflicting game in the same time slot... you'd think if you were the host to your own game, it would check for this conflict and it does NOT... and though the admin might add this feature, he has reasons he has not explained on why it's doesn't do this. So just like in the old software where I had to create a duplicate hidden event and add you to, here it's just easier to put you in your own event.

3rd) I'll add a ticket to your event to your badge. I hate having to do this (explained in #2) because it also reduces the available tickets for sale during the $5.00 purchase phase since it rounds down vs rounding up... so I don't have a fix for this yet (though I can probably figure that one out now that I think about it.

In any case, sorry for these changes as it will mean you can't edit your game once posted, you'll have to email me changes... and you won't be able to view your "hosted" games online, all games be they run by you or something you are playing it will all be on the same schedule...

Maybe next year we can get the site admin to make these options for us...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ScketreWhisp
  • Away
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
1 year 9 months ago #470 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Tickets to your own game....
Now

this "fix" only works if you don't delete the ticket to your own game, so please don'tbe deleting tickets to your own game...

It stops you from deleting the game, but not deleting the ticket you have to be sure you don't buy tickets to a conflicting game...

More
1 year 9 months ago #475 by grodog
Replied by grodog on topic Tickets to your own game....
So, should I still see the Edit and Delete buttons under my event? Do those represent the single ticket you mention above, or the event as a whole?

Also: will there be a way for me to see how many folks buy tickets vs. register for the event for free?

Allan.

• ScketreWhisp
  • Away
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
1 year 9 months ago #476 by ScketreWhisp
Replied by ScketreWhisp on topic Tickets to your own game....
Once the event is posted, you don't have access to it anymore (usually you would, but since the site admin allows a DM/GM to delete the event on a whim, which is actually allowing anyone to change my set schedule at will) I have "fixed" this by taking away the event from the DM and assigning it to the GM account I created.

Then I put you in your own event so it'll be on your scheduled events.

You (nor I for that matter) will have a clue how many people in your event were free vs paid unless you check your event between March 30th and April 15th. During that time all event tickets will be suspended while I set all events back to $0.00, so any people in the event by that time had to have paid for the seat. (I'll have a full seat count for all paid seats, but no clue which games and how many seats).

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds